BK Labs, Inc. provides quality control testing for hemp and cannabis cultivators, manufacturers and retailers as required by NM state regulations and to ISO/17025 standards.
The Lab Technician is responsible for working closely with our laboratory team to perform a variety of analysis pertinent to the quality control testing of hemp, cannabis and cannabis products as defined by the New Mexico Cannabis Control Division. These tasks include, but are not limited to, sample preparation and data analysis for cannabis potency, homogeneity, microbial contamination, mycotoxins, pesticides, terpenes, and residual solvents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and perform routine laboratory tasks as outlined in provided scientific SOPs under the supervision of the Lab Director.
- Adhere to GLP standards when performing daily tasks to ensure sample and testing integrity is maintained.
- Perform sample preparation on a variety of cannabis and hemp matrices under direct guidance of the Lab Director.
- Assist Lab Director in preparing analytical standards utilized with the aforementioned test types.
- Work with a provided LIMS system to properly track and review instrument and sample information, in accordance with ISO 17025 and state guidelines.
- Perform ancillary laboratory duties as assigned by the Lab Director such as proper handling of instrument waste, materials intake, and analytical station upkeep
- Engage cohesively with the Laboratory team, to ensure optimal workflow and ideal work culture
- Other duties and/or responsibilities as assigned by the Lab Director.
Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Actively maintains a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy, particularly as it pertains to data collection and analysis.
- Strong ability and aptitude to learn new information with the help and guidance of the laboratory team.
- Foundational knowledge of recording, organizing, and utilizing data spreadsheets.
- Established knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel and Word.
- Foundational knowledge of standard laboratory protocol.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with other members of the laboratory team.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or related field based on state requirements.
- 0-2 years of laboratory experience.
- Foundational understanding of basic laboratory techniques, terminology, and procedures commonly used in professional laboratory settings.
- Hemp and/or Cannabis industry exposure/involvement is not necessary but is desired
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Pay: $20/hour DOE
- Benefits include (waiting period may apply):
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Profit Sharing Plan
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com